Jivi JSP 20 smartphone, India’s cheapest smartphone was launched at the end of September 2014. It contains all the basic features of Android smartphone. Even though it just costs Rs 1,999 yet it offers some decent features and specifications that are very difficult to get at such a low price.
Reason Behind The Jivi’s Cheapest Smartphone:
During its launching the officials of Jivi said that they wanted to fulfill the dream of the PM Narendra Modi by making India smarter in such a way that every Indian can afford the smartphone. The PM wanted to achieve this target by 2019 but Jivi did it very soon and finally launched the India’s cheapest smartphone ever. So this was their target and they achieved it very soon and now they are working to improve it much more.
Jivi JSP 20 Features and Specifications:
The Jivi JSP 20 offers some great features that you can never get at such low price, but some features are not satisfactory like the OS version but guys don’t forget that it just costs 1,999 so its absolutely fine.
So let’s see some amazing features of the smartphone first:
1. It has 2 mega pixels camera with flash. Now providing flash at such low cost is really appreciable.
2. The screen is approximately 8.80 cms i.e. 3.5 inches which is again a good sign of phone at low cost.
3. OGS capacitive touch screen and pixel resolution is 320 x 480.
4. Stylish Chrome finish of the edges gives it a metallic look and the phone has a thickness measuring just 9.4mm. So overall the phone looks really stylish with alluring metallic look. It is also very light in weight.
5. Dual sim support.
6. FM Radio.
7. OS is 2.3.5 gingerbread which is a bit disappointing.
8. Has in built apps like whatsapp and facebook messenger. These are the basic apps without which life doesn’t exist for smartphone users.
9. It is powered by 1GHz processor which will allow you to have multitasking but we have to use it accordingly else its gonna hang a lot.
10. RAM is 128 MB only and internal memory is just 256 MB but what else can we expect at such low price. Looking at price its ok but don’t worry you can use memory card of up to 32GB.
11. Battery specification is 1350 mAH which will allow you to talk 7 hours nonstop. You can also listen to music for approx. 5.5 hours nonstop.
12. It is also has portable Wi-Fi hotspot feature in it, this is the cheapest phone that is Wi-Fi enabled.
13. It also has torch app and it also supports different languages of India so anyone from any corner of India can use it easily.
14. You also get in-ear earphones in the box. So I think it will make people happy because its like a bonus at such a low cost.
Where you can get Jivi Smartphone:
You can buy this phone from the Amazon.in. It is available from 30th September but lots of complaints are noticed due to late delivery as there is shortage of stock. So no doubt everyone wants to try it and have it because its really cheap.
At the end I would like to say that don’t expect too much from this phone because it may not be up to the mark for old android users. Its just a basic level phone specially designed for those who have never used smartphones before due to its high cost. But no doubt Jivi has tried to give their best to make India smarter country and let’s hope that they will try to upgrade the phone keeping the price constant.
If you are already using this phone then share your experience with others. In later posts we will also talk about its camera quality in much more detail once I use it so don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated.